A wholesale silver pendant is a perfect way to add glamor and style to your fabulous and outstanding look. You can select from a variety of pendants from dream catchers to unique shapes. But these little pendants need to be taken care of so they don’t get dull and maintain their luster. There are certain ways how to clean your pendants and to take care of them.
Wholesale Silver Pendant – How to take care of it and clean it
How to clean wholesale silver pendant
Following are some ways to clean your silver pendants:
Water and Baking soda:
Combine two teaspoons of bicarbonate soda and one tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Apply this paste on the pendant with the help of the toothbrush and let it dry. Clean it with a towel or any other cloth.
Cornstarch with water:
Mix two to three tablespoons of cornstarch with one tablespoon of water apply it with a brush on your pendant and clean it with a cloth or towel.
Vinegar and water:
In a bowl full of warm water add two or three teaspoons of vinegar as vinegar cleans the silver without damaging it or even losing its shine.
The fourth and most common method is lemon juice as it has acidic properties so it gives. Your pendant has a new look. Simply combine half a glass of lime juice and one teaspoon of olive oil in a towel and apply on your pendant.
Wash it properly and voila you will see a shiny silver pendant.
You can also use some lemon juice but it does not remove tarnishes but cleans your pendant. Simply pour some lemon juice on the pendant and rub it with a cloth to dry it.
If you think that the above-mentioned methods may be a little tiring so you can only use toothpaste. But from toothpaste make sure to use diluted toothpaste and not with a whitening one.
Apply the toothpaste with help of a toothbrush on the pendant for like 10 minutes and then clean it with a micro finer cloth. The results are amazing and you will be surprised. wholesale silver pendant
Another step includes kosher salt if you do not have this at home then you can choose from the above methods. This DIY method needs half a cup of baking soda and 2 to 3 teaspoons of kosher salt to the boiling water. wholesale silver pendant
Next place the wholesale silver pendant in the solution for around 10 minutes. Pat it dry with a cloth. Remember to use a microfiber cloth or towel and to not use a tissue as it will scratch the pendant.
The next method includes the everyday ingredient of the younger generation which is Coke. Pour some coke into a bowl and place your pendant in it.
After a few minutes take out the pendant and it will shine as the acidic nature of the coke not only removes tarnishes but also helps to restore its shine making it look like a new pendant.
Another effective way is to use aluminum foil and cover the bowl with it. Pour some water into it and combine 2 tbsp baking soda, 1 tbsp salt.
Place your pendant in the bowl then wait for about ten minutes and take it out rinse it with Lukewarm water and dry it with the cloth. Even though this method leaves an unpleasant smell but it is an effective way to clean the silver pendant.
How to take care of wholesale silver pendant:
Following are some ways of how you can take care of your silver pendant:
- You can store your silver pendant when not in use in a dark room or a dark box as a lower amount of humidity is good for a silver pendant.
- You can also place it with a piece of charcoal or silicon gel along with the silver pendant so that it does not come in contact with the moisture as high moisture produces tarnish on the pendant.
- You can also avoid the pendant from tarnishing by wearing it every day as the everyday friction will make it shine.
- Another way is to prevent the wholesale silver pendant while going swimming or before taking a shower.
- When you apply lotion or perfume let a time sink in your body as the moisture in it will destroy the pendant. Wear the pendant after applying these things.
- Take off your jewelry while going to a gym or when doing household chores as sweat can also damage your pendant.
- Always remove your pendant before sleeping as it may cause discoloration.
- When going for a sauna or hot jacuzzi then you should probably take off your pendant as heat can damage your pendant.
- Make sure that you place your pendant away from any other pieces of jewelry so they don’t collide with other pieces as they can scratch your beautiful silver pendant.
- Try to store your pendant when not in use in an airtight container or plastic bag to keep it away from humidity.
- You can also give your pendant to a professional cleaner so that it gets cleaned properly without leaving any traces of dirt on it and restore its shine so that it looks brand new.
The above-mentioned tips are how you can use your wholesale silver pendant for a long time without throwing them away. By following the above tips, you can keep your pendant clean which will also help you how to take care of your pendant.
Silver pendants are a must have in everyday wardrobe as well as in special events or even in your wedding. You can also gift it to your bridesmaid and friends or sisters. Silver pendants give elegance and a decent look to your outfit and are loved by people all over the world.
We have mentioned all the cleaning ingredients that are found in every house and can help you to clean your pendant within minutes and give it a brand-new look and shine. Just don’t forget when to take them off and how to wear them properly. wholesale silver pendant
Planning to clean your wholesale silver pendant? Not sure how to do it? Click now to find out!